Subject: [Leica] Re: MLU
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:46:38 -0700

At 04:16 PM 6/17/99 -0500, you wrote:

>ANSWER:
>
>When I get down to these shutter speeds, or anytime I think mirror lock
>up is needed, I grab the obvious choice...my rangefinder.
>
>Dan Brown  --  AKA Dan(4)
>Fort Worth, Texas

Dan,

Typically, MLU is used on a tripod with long lenses. 180mm and above. Or
when photographing macro closeups with 60mm or APO 100. In order to get
reasonable DOF at macro magnifications, you end up in the very slow shutter
speed area. The more macro you go, the more exposure you need because of
light fall off. And in macro mode, as in telephoto mode, any vibration at
all is too much vibration.

I would like to see you grab your RF camera for the type of photography
that demands MLU. Your M camera must be different than mine.

With my R cameras, I personally always use MLU, with any lens, when on a
tripod and photographic 'scapes. Free insurance!

Jim