Subject: Re: [Leica] MLU
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:33:42 -0300

Pascal:

You may want to confirm that the EOS 3 does not have MLU.  It is not always
stated where one would expect in the literature.  You have to look at a
list of the custom functions.  The Canon site lists MLU as a feature.

http://www.usa.canon.com/camcambin/cameras/35mm/slr/eos3fea.html

The fact that the Nikon does not have MLU does not surprise me.  The
ringneck duck pictures I posted earlier were taken when I was doing a shoot
with a gentleman that had a N90x(s).  He said that to get the camera to
leave the leader out upon rewind, owners had to send the cameras into Nikon
service to get a change made to the camera.  He was using a Nikon 800mm ED
which need extention tubes when he wanted to focus closer than say thirty
feet.  My 400 APO with 2x would focus to about twelve feet without the aid
of an extension tube.

Regards,

Robert