Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: MLU
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:40:00 -0700

Harold Gess wrote:

> Hi
>
> I don't really think MLU or no MLU is the mark of a pro or otherwise camera.
> Sure, MLU is sometimes nice for certain purposes, but then again I used to
> buy cameras only if they had MLU. Then I realised I only ever used MLU in
> the studio, and as a photojournalist / stage / corporate photojournalist
> type of photographer it was highly unlikely I would ever need it on a camera
> except for some studio work. Since then it's just become a non-issue in
> deciding what to buy. I mean, my Nikon F2's are still working fine in the
> studio, so why would I bother. I think there are different uses for pro
> equipment, and for most of mine this particular feature is useless.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Harold
>
><snip>
Isn't it a question of do you use a tripod or not and if so where?
Most people don't own one or don't know where they put it and therefore
don't need MLU.
Me, I don't use it in the studio I use studio strobes which don't
require them. OK once in a blue moon I use real light in the studio.
Mark Rabiner