Subject: Re: [Leica] my M lens and b+w film test
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:26:42 +0200

Dan,

I used Rodinal 1:25, perhaps that is the reason. I have never tried the really
dilute developers like Rodinal 1:50. I have the Anchell and Troop book too and
like it very much, not least because the authors are really opinionated! In one
place they express their dislike for the Delta/TMax type films, saying that
these are nothing but devices for Ilford and Kodak to cut their costs by
reducing the silver content. On the other hand, other people (including myself)
love the Delta films.

Nathan

Dan Cardish wrote:

> That's strange.  A book I recently picked up (The Film Developing Cookbook
> by Anchell and Troop) mentions that the grain of Agfa 400 developed in
> Rodinal 1:50 is finer than Tri-X.  To quote them: "It [Rodinal] is most
> successful with Agfa 400, a film that exhibits noticeably finer grain, than
> Tri-X."   I suppose they mean when developed in similar developers.
>
> Elsewhere they comment that Agfa 400 exhibits the best gradation of all 400
> speed films.
>
> TheY
>
> Dan C.

- --