Subject: [Leica] The digital hype continues
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:55 +0100 (BST)

Connoisseurs of what we over on this side of the pond like to call
"complete and utter bollocks", may like to point their browsers at:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1999/06/
14/BU90119.DTL&type=tech_article

(this newsreader will mince that on posting, so you may need to cut and
shut it a bit to get it into one line on your browser).

I was particularly impressed by the following paragraph:

"First, the quality of photos produced by the newest consumer digital
cameras comes close, if not equals, the quality of shots from a standard
35mm film camera. Some experts predict that digital devices will start to
outperform film cameras within the next 18 months."

Were I the vindictive type, I would point out that the author's email
address is bennye@sfgate.com but I'm not, so I won't. :-)