Subject: RE: [Leica] Source for Serial Numbers
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 20:50:45 -0600

Came across this at Gandys site, so it may be worth checking in a while:
SERIAL NUMBERS; I am happy to announce that soon this site will have what I
believe is the
     most complete and easy to read M, Leicaflex, and R Serial Number list
ever published, courtesy of
     Leica.  I am in the process of editing the information now,  trying to
put it in the most easily
     readable form.   This list gives many more details than I have seen in
other lists.  There seems to
     be no missing serial numbers.   It will  answer many questions which
are not found elsewhere,
     including when many changes were made.   There is a good chance you
will be able to celebrate
     your  Leica's birthday, because most of them are listed too!

http://cameraquest.com/classics.htm

He also has these sections

"Leica -- Which Way in the New Millenium?"

" Needed Improvements in the Present M Line "
as well as

"Leica M User's Buyer's Guide: Not So Objective Picks and Pans"

Check them out.

Tim A