Subject: Re: [Leica] Information about rangefinders
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 08:44:23 -0600 (MDT)

Horst Schmidt wrote:
but sell the 1G and by a 3F or M3. You should get more than enough for
your 1G
to by either of this models plus a good lens.

Again, unless you are a collector, I can not see the the attraction of a
1G or
even a 3 G .
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
I have to agree that the Ig could be sold to finance the purchase of a
IIIf for a much more usable camera. However I don't agree with the
statement Horst goes on the  make.

I own a 3G, but never use it. It is just a collectors item.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
A IIIg is probably the prime example of Leica rangefinders, prior to the
introduction of the M series. It is an excellent picture taking machine,
and there are literally dozens of lenses available to fit it, all
available for considerably less than their M cousins. To not use a LTM
camera is sad, as they are capable of producing excellent images even
today. They need to be excercised regularly to keep fit!!! I use a IId and
IIIa on a very regular basis, and would continue to use them when I can
afford the M I want to buy. In the meantime, I get to use the Leica
system, at a total price for 2 bodies, 6 lenses, bellows, and numerous
accessories, of somewhat less than a M6 body.
Noel Charchuk
Calgary