Subject: Re: [Leica]M6 vs F100
From: "Bill O'Connell" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 15:13:23 -0400

I was trying to say it was a personal opinion, guess it didn't get thru.
My very first trip to the track was a Grand Prix in Germany with a Rollei TLR.  I
didn't know any better.  I wasn't bad.
My years of shooting races with SLRs no doubt contribute to my liking them over
the M6.  I have used mf and af, I prefer af for the flexability - that is, I can
use which ever suites the need.  One problem with the M6 is the lack of a long
lens.  I find that I use the 200 most of the time unless I'm not trackside, then
I use the 300.  My longest M lens is the 90.  I have semi been looking for a 135
but have no desire to get a viso, will stick with the Nikon for the long stuff.
Quite happy with the noct and will probably end up using it quite a bit.  I find
the biggest draw back though is the focus time when using a shallow f-stop.
There is no guess work with hyper focus there.
The biggest plus for the Nikon is the total ease of use in a fast moving
environment, from changing lenses and film to grabbing quick shots both close and
far away with a simple twist of the zoom.
Would I like a Leica R9 with all the features of the F100/F5?  Sure but till it
gets here I'll 'suffer' with Nikon stuff - is sure is way better then the TLR was
:->
Bill