Subject: Re: [Leica] 3 Lenses
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 08:57:13 -0500

Lucien,
The current Elmarit is obviously the clear winner over the previous f2.8
90's but I'm not so sure I interpret Erwin's tests as placing the
Tele-Elmarits ahead of the first Elmarit.  The original Elmarit has higher
contrast and in another summary of these lenses, Erwin stated that Leitz had
difficulty matching the performance of the first Elmarit.
It's academic in any case since I doubt most people would see the
differences in the first three versions except that the lens head of the
first Elmarit makes a darn fine macro lens.
Regards,
Bud