Subject: RE: [Leica] Just Bought M6 and 35/1.4 Asph
From: Jay Coleman <jcoleman@interport.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 07:06:30 -0400

Alan:

I'm glad to hear that I am partially responsible for your R8.  The
pictures of Adela did not turn out great, but are ok.  I do not have a
website or means of scanning photos in at this point, but if you want to
see how bad a photographer I am, e-mail me privately with your address
and I will mail you a print (if I can find the slide).

As to the lens/body finish choice, I have reconsidered, after using the
combo this weekend and finding the 35/1.4 in titanium finish really
heavy, and exchanged the lot for a new chrome M6 and new black 50
Summicron with (black) 35 Summicron Asph. to follow all to shortly (for
my bank acccount).  It is amazing how much lighter the black lenses
are.  Also the 35 Summicron Asph. is much more compact.  The black M6 I
had purchased was really cheap and really beat.  I think I am better off
with a new one, especially given the rebates going on.

Best to you and Adela.

Jay