Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:04:51 +0000

Next time, please fill out the subject line, that would make it kind of
easier for the recipient to decide if the message is worth opening. Thank
you.

>G'day,
>
>Thanks for people who gave me a few suggestions with regards equipment.
>
>I think I've fine tuned my selection.
>
>It looks like what I need is M2 or M4-P, with a 35mm lens either a f2
>(summicron?) or F2.8(elmar?). If the camera works well I would consider a
>90mm to carry while I skiing.
>
>Essentially what I am looking for is a 'photographers point and shoot'.
>Something small and light, basically to take shots of friends and
>interesting places that I've been. I have never used a rangefinder before
>so that may take a while to get used to. Though the rest of the camera
>looks straight forward which is one of the main attractions.
>
>Now the hard part,
>
>Where is the best place to pick up a M2 or M4-P. I'd don't want to spend
>a fortune but at the same time I'd rather not spend a lot on repairs.
>
>Given that I'm looking for a 35mm lens which one?

christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58