Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica prototype
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:58:19 -0700

Edward Meyers wrote:

> Has anyone seen the prototype of the Leica M7? Tradition is
> that it gets tested on the streets of Wetzlar just like in
> 1914. Ed

By saying that like that the implication is that there is one.
That's how rumors are started. I doubt there is one. I doubt there will
be an M7 or it's prototype soon.
Lot's of discussion has taken place here on where the M6 needs to evolve
to.
I'm in the group which feels it doesn't need to evolve anywhere. It is
in its own way perfect.
It is next to me in it's case with my other lenses now. Later on today
I'm doing some shooting with it.
Mark Rabiner