Subject: Re: [Leica] R 6.2... and other R considerations!
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:38:36 -0400

Ok- as "Act Of Contrition" thread indicates, we suffer from a insidious,
cunning, and baffling illness:
Leica-aholism!!!
And now, my 'disease' has struck again! I have won a 90mm Elmarit-R (3 cam)
lens from e-bay to use with an adapter on my Canon A2... (I do alot of
headshots and have been dreaming about using the Leica glass!)
and it starts to prey on my mind that maybe an R body would look nice on
that lens.... ;)
I'm going to check the archives- but, if one was to buy an R-body as entry
level, I'd love to hear some recomendations.... I'm fascinated by the chat
about the R7... but don't think I want to spend $900-1000 on what would be
a back up body....
What are the recomendations of R3-R4's/R6's out there? I tried an R4 at a
local shop, but thought the mirror slap to be considerable- is that my
imagination?

thanks,

Bob Keene