Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Senseless design
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:52:38 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/99 3:08:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
gbennett@club-internet.fr writes:

<<
 you've got to admit that the self-timer is useful for more than just
 self-portraits! anytime you need to use a slower shutterspeed than you can
 handhold, the self-timer is great, provided you can set the camera on
 something. i know, i know, that's why cable releases were invented (well,
 not really...), but with a self-timer, you don't need to lug (nearly no pun
 intended) one around. i for one would not be unhappy if my m6 had a
 built-in self-timer. i don't think i'd be willing to go out and buy one
 that screws into the cable release socket.

 guy >>

Apparently few Leica owners use a tripod and fewer use a cable release but
for obtaining the best from the small negatives, I have found a tripod and
the self-timer work great in the M series cameras before the M-6.

Thanks for your note.

Don R.