Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Senseless design
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@club-internet.fr>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:06:18 +0100

>I, likewise, cannot remember using a self timer. I remember when I played
>with a self timer, it always stuck. I don't remember the camera(s) or
>lenses. But I do have, in my junk drawer, a little wind-up self timer that
>screws into the cable release socket. I don't remember ever using it. But I
>have it should the urge come over me someday. Let's see now. Self portrait?
>
>Jim
>
>PS... my M6's do have a self timer. It's waiting in my junk drawer for that
>special moment.

lugfolk,

you've got to admit that the self-timer is useful for more than just
self-portraits! anytime you need to use a slower shutterspeed than you can
handhold, the self-timer is great, provided you can set the camera on
something. i know, i know, that's why cable releases were invented (well,
not really...), but with a self-timer, you don't need to lug (nearly no pun
intended) one around. i for one would not be unhappy if my m6 had a
built-in self-timer. i don't think i'd be willing to go out and buy one
that screws into the cable release socket.

guy