Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted gives good advice
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:31:25 -0300

Nathan:

Before considering you shutter is off, make sure it was not your metering.
The SL has a spot metering which can take some getting used to.  Whenever
doing a test like you did using slide film, it is best to meter with an
incident meter which you know is correct.  If you used the in Camera meter,
it may just mean your meter is off.  A good test for a meter is to point
the camera at the north sky during the midday, and on a clear sunny day you
should read f16 at the recirocal of your film speed.  In other words, set
the film speed to 125 and point at the north sky with a short telephoto and
it should meter to 1/125 at F16.

Regards,

Robert