Subject: [Leica] innacurate reporting
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:12:25 -0400

Dave Yoder wrote
snip
>I've worked closely with three Pulitzer winning reporters, and I don't
>trust a thing they write. I've seen firsthand that they won't let the
>truth or peoples lives and careers get in the way of their story.
snip

Dave I have also had a poor experience of journalists. One was in daily
papers where a story was reported in the way each paper's typical
readership would like the facts to have been. All the papers were
different, none particularly accurate.
I have worked for many years in motor sport. The journalists have
favourites. Whilst the superstars always do well regardless of the press,
the other's careers can, and do, grow or wane depending on favouritism.

I know well all the top photographers in motor sport, they are very
considerate of one another. (On topic) there is great interest in my M6
always. Only 2 use Leica, one (M) for human interest stuff in pits only,
the other (R) for everything. Generally AF is only used for snapshots in
the pits, for circuit work they are not confident that the focus will not
zap off to the background in the heat of the moment of an incident.

resisting the temptation to say more
Frank