Subject: [Leica] RE: RE: Leica Users digest V9 #79
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 07:44:01 -0600

At 08:01 PM 26/06/99 -0600, Tim wrote:
>3. If you have time, "crimp" the film leader with a couple of small, light
>folds - helps it grip easier:
>
>                         /\
>  film  ______/   \       /
>                             \    /
>                               \ /
>
>Kind of like that - view from above film edge - you can sort of let the
>folds fall around a couple of the three prongs - try it an it will probably
>make more sense.

I fold the film leader this way and it does work nicely.  I've never had a
misload.  The only problems I've found are that you can't fold film like
this at -40 without it breaking;( and sometimes the fold catches when you
are rewinding.  If you feel the film tightening as you rewind to the end of
the roll, you have you give the rewind level and extra little tug to loosen
it.  Sometimes this breaks off a piece of leader.  When removing the film,
if you rewind the leader all the way into the cassette, check to see if
there is a broken piece of film left in the camera.