Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Good starter body
From: Michael Hintlian <MichaelHintlian@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:16:46 -0400

Steve;

Oh, I see, so you haven't used the R cameras.

MH

<<Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:48:24 -0400
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>

Michael,
My only evidence is my 5 Nikon's spanning 3 generations of F's that I have
been using the earliest for 30 years under very gruelling (covering
motorsports) conditions and none of these cameras has skipped a beat or
even
needed service. But the one shoot that I did that totally amazed me was in
1991 while shooting production stills (on Narraganset Bay, Rhode Island)
for
the feature film WIND aboard a camera boat (cine camera that is) I spent a
week getting four F's drenched by salt water and generally knocked about
and
they are still going strong. So, maybe my comments were to harsh about the
R's, it's just unlikely that I would ever buy one. But as I said on my
earlier post the M's (particularly the earlier ones, they are Nikon like in
reliability) are a different story.
Steve
Annapolis