Subject: [Leica] M6 Film, R8
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:35:11 -0400

<<As for my M6s,
I think a lot of new users make it seem more complicated than it is. Perhaps
because it is really different from loading SLRs or modern P&S cameras. In a
little over 1 year I have become so used to it, however, that I find it no
more
difficult to load my M6 than any other camera (in fact, I find it much
easier
than loading my P&S if the film curls). And I do not remember when I last
had to
reload. >>
The M6 is not the problem.  The R8 - well I think I must have slid the
double-exp. over the rew button and went through...hours of rewinding with a
harsh noise.  Then I read that it's no good for the shutter.  I just don't
like the noise.  Then I was shooting at the wrong iso and forgot about the
back-display because I was thinking that ohh yeah this must be dx-coding
thing. Then I was shooting +2 - was wondering why the thing was blinking.
Then I left it on for a few weeks.  But when it's become 2nd nature it is on
second thought well designed.  At least by the second or third replacement
anyway.