Subject: Re: [Leica] Most used Leica lens - just for fun
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:20:30 -0400

M:  35 summicron asph.  Best, best, best - of course it depends on what
focal length you use day in/out.
       I carry an M6 with 35/2 asph all the time (at least those times when
I am carrying this)
R:   19/2.8 (current).  I think it's a good portrait lens.  I am half
serious here.  My subjects are usually not people, they are structures
(which could be a person). If I had clients (demanding portraits)  I'd think
twice about this lens (i.e. I'd use my closest favorite 100/2.8 mac)  But
the 19 is truly a great lens.  If I were to have one R lens - no, it
couldn't be the 19, no.  It's no good for most purposes.  But "useful" was
not the question.  Also, (I don't recognize "fine art" terminology) it's
good for me as I have the daily opportunity to shoot with it...
"DERR" - "TSL"