Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Film loading on metal reel
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:46:21 -0700

Aubin wrote:

> Just to throw more sand into the gears, I'll reiterate what I
> said before about film loading: sometimes its a problem,
> but I'm not complaining.
><snip>
> I have absolutely no problem loading 2 1/4 film onto stainless
> steel developing reels, but 35mm makes me crazy. ><snip>
> Norm
After you've put the film in the middle thing:
Put the reel on it's side on the table so it's like a wheel that could roll.
roll it on the table having it roll in place while you feed film it in
with the other hand.
Just never take the reel off the table.
This usually always works.
Some reels are better than others.
Hope the wheel trick helps it helped all of my assistants.
Mark Rabiner