Subject: RE: [Leica] Last minute advice
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 10:23:17 -0400

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BEC23A.EEC55530

 Should I buy it at B&H, Chatterton
or where?
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Tim Kamke

Mr. Kamke--

	You didn't say where you live, but I always advise patronizing your
friendly local Leica Franchise if one is nearby (at the Leica USA home page
you can find a list of franchisees).  Your local dealer will give you the
exact same price as B&H and Chatterton (both of whom are fine and reputable
dealers), but you will have to pay the local sales tax, if any (but not
shipping costs).  I like looking my salesman in the eye and being able to
handle equipment before I purchase.  Also, on the two occasions when I felt
compelled to exchange a piece, my local dealer did it on the spot, no
questions asked, no shipping, no restocking charge.  It adds confidence to a
sizeable investment.  If you live in Eastern Massachusetts, I can recommend
a dealer.

	As to the advice you will receive from an open ended question to the
list, MY ADVICE is to follow your heart, you will end up happy and less
confused.  Do not expect a consensus from the LUG, we are constitutionally,
no, congenitally incapable of consensus.

	Buzz Hausner

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BEC23A.EEC55530

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>RE: [Leica] Last minute advice</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;Should I buy it at B&amp;H, Chatterton</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>or where? </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks in advance for your comments.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Tim Kamke</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Mr. Kamke--</FONT>
</P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>You didn't =
say where you live, but I always advise patronizing your friendly local =
Leica Franchise if one is nearby (at the Leica USA home page you can =
find a list of franchisees).&nbsp; Your local dealer will give you the =
exact same price as B&amp;H and Chatterton (both of whom are fine and =
reputable dealers), but you will have to pay the local sales tax, if =
any (but not shipping costs).&nbsp; I like looking my salesman in the =
eye and being able to handle equipment before I purchase.&nbsp; Also, =
on the two occasions when I felt compelled to exchange a piece, my =
local dealer did it on the spot, no questions asked, no shipping, no =
restocking charge.&nbsp; It adds confidence to a sizeable =
investment.&nbsp; If you live in Eastern Massachusetts, I can recommend =
a dealer.</FONT></P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>As to the =
advice you will receive from an open ended question to the list, MY =
ADVICE is to follow your heart, you will end up happy and less =
confused.&nbsp; Do not expect a consensus from the LUG, we are =
constitutionally, no, congenitally incapable of consensus.</FONT></P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>Buzz =
Hausner</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>