Subject: [Leica] Did I see you......Introduce yourself
From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:53:34 -0700 (PDT)

"Simon Pulman-Jones" <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk> wrote:
Subject: [Leica] Did I see you in Fayance?

>A bit of a long shot.

>On Saturday the 19th of June - or maybe it was the
day
before - I was in the
>market at Fayance, in the Var region of the south
east
Provence in
>France. I saw an American family with grown-up
children,
>and the father was
carrying an M2 over his shoulder.

- - - - snip - - -

Why no just go over and say, "Hello"?

Especially when I am in Europe, it is not unusual at
all for other Leica users (with or without their
cameras) to come over and introduce themselves and
start a conversation.

I have done the same.  Sometimes there is a slight
language problem, but even then, the attempt is a
welcome gesture of friendship to a fellow Leica user.

You may want to carry a card (business card) or a
small piece of paper with your name, address, and
e-mail address printed on it.

Try it.  I have never known another Leica user to
bite.

Regards,
Bill