Subject: Re: [Leica] Attachment for centering M6 on tripod
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:39:31 -0700

Mark Cohen wrote:

> Get the handgrip attachment. (USD$50.00)(+-)
>
> It offsets the tripod screw to the center (under the lens)
>
> -Mark
>
> On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Ron and BeeLian Miller wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:30:29 -0700
> > From: Ron and BeeLian Miller <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
> > To: Leica <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
> > Subject: [Leica] Attachment for centering M6 on tripod
> >
> > What works best for centering the M6 on a tripod? What piece should i be
> > getting? As you know, the baseplate's tripod receptor is off-centre.
> >
> > Appreciate any feedback!
> >
> > Thanks
> > bee lian

Someone should put a word in for off center tripod use. It has
advantages.
I have a third party centering thing that I picked up at a swap meet for
change.
I forgo it as I have found the off center thing to be advantageous.
I know, a metaphor, but it works for me. Try it first. Also a simple
small round tripod head, probably ball head.
		Mark Rabiner