Subject: [Leica] Your favorite lens update
From: "James Burris" <jabu@direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 18:00:40 -0700

Hi everyone.

So far I have 50 entries and each person's selection counts for one total
point.  Therefore if you had 4 lenses that you used the most (all equally of
course  :) then each lens got ".25" points, etc.  I realize that this little
survey is not very precise nor scientifically sound but just for kicks here
is what I've found:

76% total points rewarded to M lenses
24% total points rewarded to R lenses

Of the M lenses:

 21mm
 24mm      2.6%
 28mm
 35mm    51.3%
 50mm    39.5%
 75mm      2.6%
 90mm      1.3%
135mm
Tri-Elmar  2.6%

M Notes:  Little support for ultra-wides, teles.  Total 35mm Summilux votes
(8) quite close to 35mm Summicron votes (11.5).          Whereas total 50mm
Summilux votes(1) is a far cry from the total 50mm Summicron votes (14.5).

Of the R lenses:

 19mm
 21mm
 24mm      4.2%
 28mm      4.2%
 35mm
 50mm      8.3%
 90mm    33.3%
100mm   31.3%
135mm
180mm     2.1%
250mm
280mm     4.2%
350mm
400mm    12.5%

R Notes:  Little support for any focal length outside of short teles
(90mm,100mm = 64.6% of total R points) .  No support for 28mm, 35mm and
135mm.  Next to no support for 50mm.  All 90mm support is for the Summicron,
none for the elmarit.

I invite everyone to draw their own conclusions and by no means is this
survey done.  I'd appreciate more inputs to see what happens to these
numbers.  I've kept the names associated with each pick so if you want to
change your mind, feel free to do so.  Again this survey is for "which Leica
lens (by focal length) do you use the most?"

Thanks,

James