Subject: Re: [Leica] Your favorite lens update
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:11:27 -0500

I wonder if the favor for 35mm focal lengths with M cameras has to do with
the low magnification, cluttered viewfinder of the later M's like the
M4-P/M6.

Compared to an M3, these viewfinders aren't (IMHO) much good for focal
lengths longer than 35.

There is also the question of film.  Do people who shoot mostly slides still
favor the 35?   Not me, too much extraneous content.  W/slides, I'd call
75/80 normal focal lengths.

Bud