Subject: Re: [Leica] Velostigmat
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 01:09:02 +1000

Fantoni, Ernesto wrote:

> Dear Luggers,
>
> I've recently been offered to buy a Velostigmat 90/4.5 for SM Leicas in very
> nice conditions.
> Apart from being a collector lens, is there anybody in the group that has
> used or still using it? I mean, is it a usable lens still today?
> Any experience?
> (Pls don't answer Elmarit or Apo Summicron 90 are better :I already know.)
>
> Best regards
>
> Ernesto

All lenses from Leitz, or lenses approved by Leitz are usable. Just use it and
have fun with it. Don't compare it with the latest lenses, they are different
ok, but that's the beauty about using older lenses, they have something the
modern lenses don't have. Lots of people don't want the old look anymore, but
you may like it. I like both, new and old.

Regards,   Horst Schmidt