Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripod Attachment
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 21:14:46 +1000

Hello to all,

The cheapest way for all Leicas, except the M6 is the leitz flash bracket. It gives you a dead centre mounting hole. It's easy  available secondhand at most photographic dealers. E.G. Pacific Rim, Woodmere, Don Chatterton etc. I have 3 of them and they work like a charm. If you want to use them just for centering, you can use a hacksaw and cot of the part which holds the accessory shoe. Just a hint for using it. Stick a thin felt pad or equivalent on to the camera base plate opposite the tripod hole, to avoid marking the base plate if the tripod screw goes to deep in.

Also for my panoramic shots , I bought (also second hand  )a Minolta panoramic adapter. - Nikon makes exactly the same- for about US $ 90.-It works like a charm. It has an inbuilt spirit level and can be set for the following focal length's: 28mm, 35, 50, 85 and 100. for  a 90mm lens use the100 setting and for the 75mm use 85 setting. this gives a slightly bigger overlap, but that doesn't really matter.
the Minolta one is called  Panorama Head II. The new price is a bit much. But I see them now and then advertised second hand. I bought mine from Online Camera Exchange (OCE, Axel and Yvonne) . They are very nice People to deal with, and have very reasonable prices.

Horst Schmidt