Subject: Re: [Leica] about some lenses
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:46:37 EDT

bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< Thanks....So it's really close to the 90 Summicron...which despite what the
 weenies say, isn't that bad.... >>

The 90 Summicron was good enough for everyone for 19 years and the glass
hasn't started to melt or fog up just because there's a new model out.  The
only reason I sold mine for the 2.8 was because I got the 75 and use it
instead of both a fast 50 and fast 90.  The Elmarit fits in my travel bag
better and allows me to dispense with the weight and bulk of E55 filters.
Optical performance is obviously the foremost issue in lens choice but in a
close horserace there are other mitigating factors that then come into play
as well.

DT