Subject: Re: [Leica] Last question - at least for a while.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 20:04:31 -0700

Dick hemingway wrote:

>I have one last question of a lens that I have not used and is in the mix
>here, ie, the 80/1.4 -R.
>
>Users opinions???>>>>>>>

Hi Dick,,

If you can find one used all the better if the price is right. If not and
the funds are available for new, I'd go for it. But again, like the
Noctilux, it is a lens that costs a hefty sum and if one is not prepared to
use it at 1.4 for lots of wonderful available light images, then don't buy
it.

Wide open or closed down this is an excellent lens and I have many slides
shot wide open, where others without an 80 1.4 would not have the same kind
of image. But again, it's a lens that costs a bundle due to the wide
apeture and if you are not prepared to shoot losts of available light wide
open, why spring for the multi-dollars? As I'm sure a 90 f2.0 will closely
fill the bill.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant