Subject: [Leica] Re: 2 R3s problem - solved!
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 17:39:02 +0300

Thank you dear LUGgers!
A special thanks to Dennis Warters.

It ended up being the acid residue of the old batteries. I was looking in the
wrong direction. i assumed it was the metal contact in the camera not doing its
job. After reading the acid residue problem that Dennis got from his book (I
just ordered it BTW from amazon) I cleaned the actual battery holder with some
alcohol. I noticed there was something there, and apparently it was the "left
overs" from the battery acids. They were preventing proper contact with the
batteries at the "-" end. After cleaning them, both R3's came back to life...
Just saved a long wait and a few hundred dollars in repair bills!

Thank you!

regards,
Alexander