Subject: Re: [Leica] waist level finder on a Leica?
From: Mark Walberg <Walberg@simmons.swmed.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 16:17:39 +0100

Kyle Cassidy asked:
>ob leica: does anyone make a waist level finder that i can attach to my
>M? there's something to be said for framing while shooting from the hip,
>which i do a lot of (shooting from hip that is). I was in an art gallery
>last week in Chicago and a woman whipped off her t-shirt, flashed a Gaugan
>painting shouted something in Spanish and threw her shirt back on and
>scurried out the door, leaving me wondering "geez, did i get that shot?"
>ya never know when crazy things are going to happen...
>kc

Kyle, Wow.  Don't see that in the art museum every day.  The only one I've
heard of is called the Budd-Mornay finder, described in Marc Small's book
on LTM lenses.  If I recall, it was just what you have in mind.  It was
made for LTM cameras, but probably could work on an M - if you ever found
one.
- -Mark Walberg