Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W Papers
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 05:42:00 -0700

Perhaps some of the B&W printers here can give me some advice. Since the
demise (I know, it's available again - but not in my area) of Oriental
paper, I've been using primarily Ilford Multi Grade Fiber papers. But, I
recently bought a beautiful Lietz Focomat 1C and so have switched from my
long-time diffusion enlarger back to a condensor. My problem is that the
Ilford paper just doesn't spot well. As careful as I am, I find that with a
condensor enlarger I usually need to do at least a little print spotting.
The Ilford paper just doesn't seem to absorb the conventional Spotone dyes.
I'm not using a hardening fixer.

If I could get some feedback here, it could save me a lot of brand testing.

Thanks,

Bryan