Subject: [Leica] Elmar f/4 100, 180 How good?
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 05:56:39 -0700

[Doug Herr wrote]

>There are no crummy R lenses.

I certainly haven't found any. I own relatively early versions of both the
100 f/4 Macro Elmar and the 180 F/4 Elmar. I like them both. While I'm sure
the APO versions would be an improvement, I certainly wouldn't "badmouth"
the Elmars. Of course, they are also more portable than their 2.8
counterparts and use the same filter size as the other R lenses I own
(except the 400).

- --Gib