Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V9 #97
From: DAVE YODER <leica@home.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 00:00:52 -0700

I'm surprised at all the people citing crime in Italy. Been there a fair
amount (wife di Milano), but living in California and have been to
Mexico roughly for equal amounts of time. No problems in Italy. I've had
just about everything stolen in Mexico, including; full kit of Nikons,
powerbook, my shoes, a surfboard, my passport (twice), wallet taken in
the Mex City subway by a pickpocket so artful I was more awed and
honored than angered, and had my rental car stolen in Morellia right out
from under my nose (on the same trip; hit a cow with the second rental,
then damn near drove the third one off a cliff in Chiapas).

I'll take Italy any day. Besides, the food is better.

Dave Yoder

p.s. Got a travel shoot on the Aeolian Islands this October. Anyone been
there? Tips?