Subject: Re: [Leica] M7, anyone? No
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:24:50 -0400

Eric Chong wrote:

> hi LUGgers!
>
> I've heard from my leicaphiles in S'pore that the M7 is about to be out.
> Apparently it's on a Chinese Photographic Press... and it carried pics on
> it. The top of M7 is supposedly 3mm higher than the M6 Classic .. ( 1mm
> higher than M6 TTL.. sucks!). And it features a top speed of 1/2000! The
> dial is like the classic M6. It is wrapped in Emu leather.. much like the
M6
> Titanium.
>
> Okie... these are rumours... been published ... can anyone please stand up
> and substantial the real situation? Any concrete idea of a new successor
> M6???
>
> happy shooting
>
> ericssan

<<Well if it "carried pics on it" it wasn't a rumor was it? "Pics" make it
real doesn't it. I think the "rumor" is starting here and we talked that
irksome subject quickly to death just over a week ago. Dissatisfied with
your M6? Sell it! Buy something you like. Why waste time waiting around
for it to change into something it's not?
The whole concept of the M6 just so obviously flies in the face of all
the junk that is coming out and being used that it is particually
irksome to see someone to actually shell out the bucks and OWN the
camera perhaps becaeue it's classy camera jewelry but then want to sit
around talking about how disappointed they are that it is not like all
the other high tech junk.
But I would have no idea and would hope that this would not be your
specific personal agenda Eric.
Mark Rabiner

- ------------------------------
(The M7 may increase M6 sales. )

>Well if it "carried pics on it" it wasn't a rumor was it? "Pics" make it
>real doesn't it.

NOT anymore!

quem
(that's for certain.  Maybe the pic of the M7 was taken with the M7?)