Subject: Re: [Leica] ideal SINGLE lens for M6HM
From: Zeissleica@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 17:50:30 EDT

In a message dated 7/2/99 11:04:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
csocolow@microserve.net writes:

>  How much did it cost to have the M6-J rangefinder installed in the M3
>  body? Who did it? Does it have the 75mm framelines? Thanks in advance.
>  --
>  Carl Socolow

Carl...

The M6-J rangefinder cost ~$600 for just the parts alone; labor by Sherry
Kräuter was extra.  Exact breakdown is difficult to discern, as I had the M3
and three lenses in at the same time, added the IIIf and the Noctilux, then
ordered additional pieces and parts to the order.

Sherry can give you an exact quote, but she does fantastic work.  My
father-in-law didn't recognize the camera when I showed it to him after she
finished with it, and he said it looked brand new (and it does).

I don't know if it has the 75mm framelines; I don't have a 75mm lens and my
M3 doesn't have a frame preview lever.

Hope that helps you.

/Mitch