Subject: Re: [Leica] ideal SINGLE lens for M6HM
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:17:26 -0500

>On this one I disagree with you. When I did daily news photography I,
>too, used a gaggle of cameras all with fast prime lenses. Today, I use
>my Canons with 17-35 f2.8, 28-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8 for various public
>relations and commercial/editorial jobs. I love using and working with
>them.

Carl,obviously you have me confused with someone with a logical mind.  ;)

Seriously I know what I said makes absolutely NO sense.  Visualizing that
a shot requires a 105 should be the same if using a zoom or a fixed lens,
right?  Well for some weird reason my mind does not work like that...I
think that I start second guessing myself when zooming??? I don't
know...don't understand how this creative process works....

I know that for event coverage nothing can beat the versatility of a zoom
and were I to be working news again I would use zooms almost exclusively.
However, I think that working as I now do sometimes the zooms get in the
way of my shooting style?

Whatever.....I make it sound like I can't shoot with zooms, not true,
just that for me it seems like I think in primes, not in zooms.  Ah well
I am a living anachronism...shoot EOS set on full manual (except, often,
the AF) how weird is that???

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net