Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 question
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:30:15 -0500

>With an upcoming venture to foreign lands, I was wondering, in regards to
>the
>M6, from those who have used them a lot over a period of time, how many
>people (if any) have had them fail in the course of use, and in what way?

DT,

It will not matter if you have the thing checked out and brought to 100%
best working proportions, if it is the only camera you take IT WILL
FAIL...the gremlins will make sure of this.

The rule when doing location photography is the further you are from a
piece of equipment the greater your need for it (paraphrasing Carl
S...and it is VERY true)

This rule is doubled when on the road to some location where you spent
$$$$ to get to and likely will never see again in this life.  So, as
always, take some kind of back-up.  If you take the backup you will not
need it and the M6, or whatever you take will work flawlessly.

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com