Subject: Re: [Leica] Available darkness - a Northern affliction?
From: jsaravia@zeus.uniandes.edu.co
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:45:15 -0500 (GMT+5)

I got my Noctilux few years ago an use it on a 0.72 M6 not TTL. Just After I
got the lens I asked my self why , is big, blocks almost 1/4 of the M6 view
finder,  vignetting, etc.. but once I was in a NYC subway car and I saw an
really interesting shoot ( you know, low light, movement, etc)., so I took
the M6 out of the bag and shoot (B&W ASA 400, f/1.0),  after I got the pics
from the lab I knew that the Noct. wasTHE lens. I like the 0.72 M6 +
Noctilux combination, I have never had problems focusing it and I can see
the complete 50 mm frame, and some surrounding area,  as I could do with a
'High eye point' reflex view finder. According to the Erwin's article on RF
accuracy, the 0.72 has enough margin to focus the Noctilux in less than
ideal situations.

J.Saravia