Subject: Re: [Leica] Light leak in M6?
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:14:22 EDT

pieter@world.std.com writes:

<< Checking the M6 User's Guide (I have
 the German edition) I found on page 5, under "Lens Dismounting" a
 cautionary note:  when changing lenses, exposing the shutter to direct
 sunlight can cause the film to become fogged.

 Another case of RTFM, I guess. >>

Now that you mention it, I recall reading (I believe) in my Osterloh book
that one of the features of the Leica M shutter is that the two curtains do
not actually touch, so that it is possible to fog film during a lens change.
I recall the mention of changing lenses quickly and in the shade of your own
body.  That's a pretty good idea in general.  Helps keep other junk out, too.

DT