Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 question backups
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:36:33 EDT

markc@creativephoto.com writes:

<< When I went to buy my first M6 I inquired about a flash and the salesdroid
 who could have made a large commission on me (flash units yield much more
 then bodies or lenses) said "Real Leica photographers don't use flash" >>

  I don't know why that still persists.  The last Leica made without flash
sync was   more than 50 years ago and both aftermarket (like the Geiss
Kontakt for the IIIa) and factory conversions (IIIc to IIIf) of those
un-synced models were popular.

 <<My point is the beauty of Leica is its un-obtrusive-ness and flash just
 ruins that.

Different ballgame shooting chrome.  Even a Noctilux won't save you from
narrow latitude in daylight, and color casts in artificial or mixed lighting.
 Nat'l Geo photog David Alan Harvey, a  staunch M6 user, uses (or at least
the last time I read an interview, used to use) Vivitar 283's for fill work.

DT