Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M3 or M6 - would Dr Blacktape please take a break?
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 01:47:04 -0400

Stuart Phillips wrote:

> Am I the only one who feels that this Dr Blacktape thing is getting old?
> Even more so when dishing out high-handed opinions of others. Oh, and for
> the record, if it's a balance between how strongly you want an M3 with the
> inconvenience of a separate meter versus the convenience of an M6,
> especially if you are going to shoot transparencies. In the best of both
> worlds you could have both, but even if you do have enough money, maybe you
> want to get another lens.
>
> Stuart Phillips
>
> > Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:13:23 -0400
> > From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
> > Subject: RE: [Leica] keep M3 or get back M6?
> >
> > Dr. Blacktape Responds:
> > Do Not, Repeat Do Not, Sell the M3 - if it is indeed "minty." This is a
> > magnificent camera, and Dr. Blacktape deeply regrets having sold his. If
> you
> > can't manage to pull out a meter once and a while, Dr. Blacktape would
> > suggest you are in deep trouble and should seek help. :-)

Stuart,

Lighten up. B.D. has been on the LUG for just about ever. We tend to
take too many things too seriously. His input has merit. It's tongue in
cheek. I laugh once in awhile. He's able to satirize much of what has
been hashed out ad infinitum. And he used a smiley face.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/