Subject: Re: [Leica] M5 in hand-held shooting
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 17:26:35 +0200

Merci, tout le monde!

M5 seems to be an ugly duckling... ;-)  Let me summarise.

Pros
1) stability
2) analog and precise meter
3) shutter speeds visible in the viewfinder

Cons
1) size/weight (the cost of stability)
2) slow meter (a matter of taste?)
3) 35mm viewfinder (a pro for 35/50/90mm users.)

A 35mm finder with a 75mm frame is attractive for 75mm users, and
replacement with M4-P/M6 finder is a solution for the third con.

I am seriously considering trade of my M6 for a second M5.

P.S.
Simon, your special M5 will be waiting for both Nocti and 75 Summilux. ^_^
Advantage of M5 in slow speeds would make them INVINCIBLE.
Please let us know how it is reborn.

Leicalement,

Mikiro
Strasbourg