Subject: [Leica] M5 in hand-held shooting
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 14:38:57 +0200

Hi, folks.

I recently acquired an M5.  For years, I had disliked what it looks like
until I had my own hands on one.  To my surprise, this larger and heavier
body fits my small hands very well.  I would not say it is ergonimic,
though. ;-).  I shot several rolls and found that it gives better results in
hand-held shooting at 1/30 sec with a 50mm or 1/15 sec with a 35mm. Also,
large and heavy lenses such as a Nocti are more comfortable to use with this
brick. I would appreciate comments of long-time M5 users.

I have heard that a 75mm frame can be incorporated into M5.  Has anybody had
this modification?  How much does it cost?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Mikiro
Strasbourg, Europe