Subject: RE: [Leica] Second body (NOT back-up)
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:53:37 -0700

I find that carrying two bodies significantly increases the number
of good shots I get, but not because I use different films in each.
For the type of stuff I shoot, I find that changing lenses is a
much bigger source of lost opportunities.

I normally have a 35 welded to my M4, and use a 50 or 90 on an M3.
This way, I've got the lens I want mounted to a body at least 2/3
of the time.  In practice it works out better than that, as I
don't use the 90 all that much.  I find that having the same film
in both bodies reduces the confusion, but I can get away with that
just because I only shoot one emulsion at a time (usually NPS).

While I understand the desire (or need, in the case of pros) to shoot
colour and B&W simultaneously, I've never really mastered the trick
of switching the way I see the world around me as quickly as I swap
camera bodies.  So for me, carrying two bodies loaded with different
films might actually slow me down and reduce the number of good shots.

Paul