Subject: [Leica] 280mm F2.8 APO-TELYT-R
From: "Paul Bolam" <Paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:23:07 +0100

Eric Welch said:
>It (the R8) might actually help you balance the 280 2.8 better because of
the size and weight.

Thanks Eric,
You are right about the R8 having a better balance than the R7. I tested
both cameras when buying the lens.
I ended up buying a motor drive as well and this improves the balance and
grip of the R7 when combined with the 280mm.

>It is a wonderful hand-held lens. Did you get the rubber thing that screws
into the tripod mount on the lens? Makes it very hand-holdable, and quite
comfortable.

Yep, the rubber grip was included so I followed your advice and gave it a
blast. As you say, it is very hand-holdable. Being well over 6 foot tall and
built like a brick sh*thouse I have no problem lifting the lens but will let
a monopod take the strain!

Finally, what does the strap look like that fits onto the two lugs? Is it
more like a harness than a camera strap?
Thanks for your help,
Paul.