Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Again (slightly off-topic)
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 17:04:34 -0400

Thanks to all -- and perhaps a special thanks to Dennis -- who offered
advice on my experience with XTOL. Some responses below.

To Mark, note that some of the best images on a very good roll were taken
with my skinny Tele-Elmarit.  ;-)

What one cannot learn on the LUG is not worth knowing!///Dick Baznik
_______

At 01:56 PM 7/7/99 -0400, Edward Meyers wrote:
>The edge marking density is usually an indication of your development. If
the density of the edge markings are very weak, then it would mean that you
underdeveloped the film. What was your temperature of developer? Dilution?
etc. Ed<

I shot TMX at EI 100, and used a 1:3 dilution for 13 minutes at 74F.
___________

At 08:42 AM 7/7/99 EDT, DonjR wrote:

>If you have a sensitomer and densitometer, you may check the development
very quickly.<

Don't have these goodies, but I'll try to find someone who does. Note that
I said the negatives and prints were gorgeous -- great detail in the
shadows, etc. -- so underdevelopment seems unlikely.

At 11:23 AM 7/7/99 -0700, Dennis Warters wrote:

>Remember to use the Kodak recommended amount of 100ml of stock developer
per roll.<

AHA!!! At 1:3 dilution for a single 35mm roll, I was at less that 100ml. In
the future I will wait until I have more than one roll to process at a time.