Subject: [Leica] Need Advice for NASA Launch
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 11:13:40 -0400

I've been invited to attend a NASA shuttle launch (STS-93) at the Kennedy
Space Center, scheduled for 12:43 a.m. on July 20. I'm probably going to
go, and I wouldn't think of going sans camera. I understand that I'll be
driven into the closest viewing section available (still about 3.5 miles
away, I think).

Advice would be apreciated from other LUGgers who've been there --
particularly those who've shot a night launch. Specifically, what film do
you recommend (with exposure suggestions) for a night launch? For other
stuff around the Center during the day? Other advice?

Note that I was invited for reasons that have nothing to do with
photography, so I'll be shooting from areas where there are no special
accommodations for PJs. [Some of you have noted, of course, that there
NEVER are special accommodations for PJs.]

Thanks.///Dick Baznik